ABA or Applied Behavior Analysis is the gold-standard treatment method for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. It uses positive-reinforcement strategies to address behavioral or developmental concerns associated with ASD.
Positive reinforcement is a research-based intervention with decades of history behind it; it is a scientifically proven method for changing behavior. ABA is endorsed by several national organizations, including:
- The National Institute of Mental Health
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
- The American Psychological Association (APA)
How Do We Use ABA?
At Heartleaf, our goal is to help your child gain new skills and reach developmental milestones. Using ABA, our Board-Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) create a personalized plan unique to your child’s needs. Research-backed tools including the Milestones Assessment Placement Program(VB-MAPP) are utilized to help us track your child’s progress as they build:
- Fine and Gross Motor skills (using a pencil, catching a ball)
- Adaptive Behavioral skills (e.g., dressing, feeding, etc.)
- Play skills and leisure (interacting with others)
- Pre-academic skills (e.g., counting, matching/sorting, letters)
- Social & cooperation skills