What is ABA Therapy?
ABA or Applied Behavior Analysis is the gold-standard treatment method for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. It uses positive-reinforcement strategies to address behavioral or developmental concerns associated with ASD.
Positive reinforcement is a research-based intervention with decades of supporting history and is a scientifically proven method for changing behavior.
ABA is endorsed by national medical organizations including:
How Do We Use ABA?
At Heartleaf, our goal is to help your child gain new skills and reach developmental milestones. Our Board-Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) create a personalized plan unique to your child’s needs. Research-backed tools including the Milestones Assessment Placement Program (VB-MAPP) are utilized to help us track your child’s growth.
- Adaptive behavioral skills (getting dressed, potty-training, etc.)
- Communication (expressing needs, making requests)
- Classroom skills (teamwork, transitions between activities)
- Fine and gross motor skills (using a pencil, catching a ball)
- Play skills and leisure (group play, sharing, turn-taking)
- Pre-academic skills (e.g., counting, matching/sorting, letters)